Saturday, May 31, 2008

Let's get this rolling

There's so much I want to talk about when it comes to music in the world today.  I want to go into deep conceptual explanations as to why this album is incredible and why that album could be better; why this artist should take a break and why that artist is the next 'up and coming'; why the popular world is missing out on the best of what's around'.

But first, I guess I should start by introducing myself.  I'm simply a guy that loves and appreciates music.  I personally feel that it's the wholest form of personal expression.  I myself am a visual artist.  I create visual things to express myself, however, I feel that musicians create the rhythm to life.  I personally am rarely caught without background music rotating in my work space, a cd playing in my car, headphones on as I'm exercising or my laptop jammin along to my web surfing/bloggin/email checking.  

I should also express that I seriously appreciate every form of sonic expression.  There's nothing I won't listen too (at least once).  I have favorites ranging from Bob Dylan to Tiesto and from Lupe Fiasco to Nada Surf.  I can hold conversations about the career of Miles Davis just as well as Amon Tobin and I appreciate Justin Timberlake as much as I appreciate Philip Glass (I'll have to write an essay to explain that comparison!)

I'm also open and love to hear other's comments and opinions.  So if you have an opinion (which I hope and am sure you do) send it to me.  Prove me wrong, tell me if you agree, express to me what I'm not hearing, or share what I'm missing, or let me know I'm dead-on.  The amazing thing about this platform of the internet is that we can all share our individual experiences with this universal form of expression.

-josh

No comments: